Our marketplace and community stalls are vital for our Pride attendees and a great source of income for us. We need someone to process applications for both Stall and Food traders prior to the event and manage the marketplace zones on the day, you will be required to work closely with the Operations Officer.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Organising and managing the bookings of commercial and charity stalls for Oxford Pride Parade Day.
- Selling concessions such as bars, food stalls, fun fairs etc. at the discretion of the Management Committee (in liaison with relevant Committee Officers).
- Designing the layout of stalls and concessions (in liaison with the Operations Officer).
- Working in consultation with the Operations Officer to ensure that all stalls and concessions are suitably contracted and that required licenses have been obtained.
- Assisting with the provision of a Family Area and Quiet Zone during Oxford Pride Parade Day (in liaison with the Community Officer).
- Assisting with set up and take down on Oxford Pride Parade Day (within reason).
What do I need?
Ability to work to deadlines, communicate effectively, working on your own and within a team. Previous event management experience desirable but not essential.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!