We need an experienced person to find appropriate artists for various events through the year and for Pride Day. The role would include the booking and management of on the day requirements of each artist.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Holding overall responsibility for all entertainment on Parade Day, and at any other events Pride may organise.
- Researching and booking performers and acts for the main stage, to be discussed and agreed with the Committee before final confirmation.
- Draft contracts from existing templates and negotiate on payments with main stage acts and/or management companies (in liaison with the Fundraising & Sponsorship Officer and Directors).
- Coordinating local acts for the unpaid community stage, by advertising the opportunity to perform, and organising and reviewing applications (in liaison with the Communications and Website Officers, and Directors).
- Providing timely updates to the Communications Officer for the promotion of all acts.
- Maintaining ongoing lines of communications with all acts to keep them updated about event timings and any changes, and answer their queries.
- Making arrangements for the day, including arranging running orders with realistic timings and coordinating the backstage areas for both stages (in liaison with the Operations, Accessibility, and Volunteer Officers).
- Appointing a stage management team for Parade Day, and other Pride events that require it.
What do I need?
Ability to work to deadlines and communicate effectively.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!