We need to ensure our events are as accessible as possible and our Accessibility Officer is vital in helping make sure that this happens.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Working with the Oxford Pride Committee to promote accessibility requirements throughout the planning and management of Festival events and Parade Day, in line with Attitude is Everything’s Charter of Best Practice.
- Identifying and communicating with potential groups and organisations to help improve Oxford Pride’s access provision.
- Developing and maintaining records of Oxford Pride’s access activities in line with Attitude is Everything’s Charter of Best Practice.
- Promoting Oxford Pride’s access achievements to stakeholders and to people who may benefit from the charity’s activities.
What do I need?
Ideally, familiarity with dealing with access requirements and supporting people with disabilities, mental health conditions or other additional needs, in either a personal or professional capacity.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!